This is the swanky new home of the Commissioner of Irish Lights, the body responsible for many of the lighthouses, beacons, buoys and helipads around the Irish coast, north and south.
This site has been the home of the Commissioners of Irish Lights since 1875. From its early planning, a conscious decision was made to produce a building of contemporary design: a modern structure reflecting the ethos of the client, using the most modern technologies that provide aids to the marine industry. This structure also provides a counterpoint to the various historic structures nearby, which, in their own right, are prominent landmarks.There are two main structures in this development: a circular open-plan administration office linked to a rectilinear functional workshop building. It was completed in 2008.