Monday, August 31, 2009

Newry River Range Rear

Last year, I did a blitz on the lighthouses of South Down. Unfortunately, my primary research wasn't up to much as I simply followed the lighthouse symbols on my road atlas of Ireland. Consequently, there were many that I missed, so in order to rectify things, I did blitz number 2, with Monica in the passenger seat. The deal was that I get her back to Newry in time to do some retail therapy.
So, first port of call, the Newry River. Follow the A2 from Newry and just as you come into Warrenpoint, there's a roundabout with a run off area quite large enough to park and the two Newry lights are right in front of you.
This one is Date Unknown, an unpainted stone tower, sitting on the far bank. I think it might be in the Republic, but I could be wrong!


No comments:

Post a Comment