Sunday, September 6, 2020

Mushrooms and centipedes, National Maritime Museum, Dun Laoghaire

Last month, we took our first non-shopping trip of the pandemic era down to the National Maritime Museum in Dun Laoghaire. Although my primary interest would have been the lighthouses, the stories of the shipwrecks and models of the boats were very enlightening and even I, with the attention-span of a five-year-old in a classroom with a circus passing slowly by outside the window, found it utterly engrossing. One thing I learnt about was mushrooms and centipedes. I will leave the explanation to the bottom picture.


A mushroom


A centipede


I'll post more on this wonderful museum over the coming months.
Incidentally, the new regulations were in place, everybody kept their distance, though it was not very full and lots of space for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment